• 4-ring sterntube seal system for
additional protection of sea water against
• 2 sealing rings facing against sterntube oil
• Certified by all major classification societies
• Known to the market since 1993
Market approved seals → reliable equipment covering the whole range of shaft diameters
Pressure controlled lubrication → greater operational reliability at higher drafts
Customised and tailor-made → meets new building and retrofit demands
Delivered fully assembled and tested → immediate and easy installation by the shipyard
Double security against oil loss escape to sea water due to the additional spare ring #3R → high security against pollution of sea water by oil
Constant pressure setting by aft seal tank → reliable operating system
Designed for in-situ overhaul as per certified and approved Simplex repair standards Worldwide service network and availability of sp
• A stationary housing guides the
Simplex sealing rings (2 facing water/
2 facing sterntube oil). The rotating liner
is fixed to the propeller.
• Oil chamber (I) is initially filled with lube oil ensuring optimal lubrication and protection from dirt.
• Oil chambers (II + III) are filled with lube oil and pressure controlled through the respective aft seal tank (B). This independent oil supply ensures best lubrication.
• Oil chambers (II + III) are connected to the aft seal tank (B) for equal pressure setting. Thus spare sealing ring (#3R) runs without load under normal operating conditions. If the sealing ring (#3) becomes damaged spare ring (#3R) can be activated by closing the shut off valve in the oil supply and vent line.
• Condition monitoring of aft seal via oil level indication of aft seal tank (B).
• Additional pipe to seal chamber (II + III) for venting and lube oil refreshment.